Sort feature

Put your EQRoster related questions/feedback/requests in here...
Forum rules
All the forums on this site are meant for either general or game specific discussions/questions/feedback.
This is NOT the place for spam, flames or fighting, and posts that don't follow this simple rule will be removed by the board moderator(s).

Enjoy our games, utils, tools and these forums...
Worff
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:04

Postby Worff » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:38

Upgrade went fine :) Just uploaded new files (and removed .inc ones) and re setup config to use same database and it worked without a hitch. All I had to re do was my header for our logo and site links. I may have been able to use old config.php but I wasn't sure so I used new one and re set it up .. didnt take long.

Ok I'll zip up the latest dump and sql backup and send to you.. thanks man.

User avatar
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:50

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 0:10

I imported the tables and it wasn't working, so I started toying with the SQL statement, and I got it working. Then I went back to the original statement, and now that one is working to /cry

Gonna try it once more lol.

EDIT:
Tried it on locally and on my server, both work fine in phpMyAdmin and in the roster. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to import it all from EQPlayers, since it seemed to be down at the time of testing.

What makes things even weirder, is that sorting on Level, AAs on the characters page works. This is the same table as the statistics, so the table is fine.

Still boggled to whats going on...

User avatar
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:50

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 0:48

Seeing how the table seems fine, could you try the following:

Replace the following lines of code in the class.character_statistics.php (line 158)

Code: Select all

"WHERE (   HP > 0            OR \n" .
"         Mana > 0         OR \n" .
"         Endurance > 0      OR \n" .
"         AC > 0            OR \n" .
"         FlowingThought > 0   OR \n" .
"         Regen > 0         OR \n" .
"         Atk > 0            OR \n" .
"         Str > 0            OR \n" .
"         Sta > 0            OR \n" .
"         Agi > 0            OR \n" .
"         Dex > 0            OR \n" .
"         Wis > 0            OR \n" .
"         `Int` > 0         OR \n" .
"         Cha > 0            OR \n" .
"         PR > 0            OR \n" .
"         MR > 0            OR \n" .
"         DR > 0            OR \n" .
"         FR > 0            OR \n" .
"         CR > 0            ) \n";   


By this 1 line:

Code: Select all

"WHERE (HP + Mana + Endurance + AC + FlowingThought + Regen + Atk + Str + Sta + Agi + Dex + Wis + `Int` + Cha + PR + MR + DR + FR + CR > 0) \n";


Let me know if that does anything...

Worff
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:04

Postby Worff » Fri Jan 18, 2008 19:58

Ahh rats .. tried the new code still wont sort on statistics page. Aye it is strange, it works on all other pages just not statistics. Oh yeah and sorting that works ok in phpmyadmin for me also, just not on statistics page on roster.

This is what made me think that some string of characters or anomale in the players' names or stats themselves, when combined, might be producing unpredictable behavior that's only seen on that page /boggle. Also I thought this was a possiblity because it worked fine for so long then one day just stopped. LOL talk about a needle in a haystack haha.

I guess our host probably didn't change anything since the other pages sort fine.. maybe it's still possible if stats page crosses some threshold but I kinda doubt it.

I definately appreciate you taking the time to look at it for sure :)

User avatar
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:50

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:25

I'll try exclusive debugging, removing a column until it works.
Of course... I first have to get it non-working again :)

User avatar
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:50

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:40

I might have found the problem, I can't be sure since I don't have a non working version yet. But I do see a difference between the select statement on the statistics page and all other pages.

The first field is put between single quotes, like: 'HP'. This is done because of the Int field in the database, but I think it's using the wrong quotes.

So try replacing line 225:
$strSelectQuery .= "ORDER BY '" . $_SESSION['SortOrder'] . "' " . $strModifiedSortDirection . ", CharName \n";

with:
$strSelectQuery .= "ORDER BY `" . $_SESSION['SortOrder'] . "` " . $strModifiedSortDirection . ", CharName \n";


Notice the change from 'name' to `name`.

Worff
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:04

Postby Worff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 15:36

It was at line 205 but WOOT !!!! THAT WORKED !!!

:groupwave:

Thanks man !! Good to get that figured out :)

User avatar
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:50

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Tue Jan 22, 2008 15:57

Pfew, I'm glad that was it :)
I'll post a new release tomorrow.

Thanks for the help and testing.


Return to “EQRoster”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron