Time stamp a specific update?

Put your EQRoster related questions/feedback/requests in here...
Forum rules
All the forums on this site are meant for either general or game specific discussions/questions/feedback.
This is NOT the place for spam, flames or fighting, and posts that don't follow this simple rule will be removed by the board moderator(s).

Enjoy our games, utils, tools and these forums...
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Thu Aug 02, 2007 23:59

It sounds like you're selecting the class field twice. If you want to do that just now to show something, you have to put Characters.Class and EpicTargets.Class in the SELECT statement. Otherwise the select statement doesn't know from what table you are trying to select the Class (hence the ambiguous warning)

Jonkiley

Postby Jonkiley » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53

MadButch wrote:It sounds like you're selecting the class field twice. If you want to do that just now to show something, you have to put Characters.Class and EpicTargets.Class in the SELECT statement. Otherwise the select statement doesn't know from what table you are trying to select the Class (hence the ambiguous warning)

Going nuts over this, and cant see why. the SELECT statement only has Class one time.

in the Character_Edit page i have only added the DateRequested, and TargetName fields. And then i went and added them to the character.inc file. then i started getting that 'Class' abiguous error.

MadButch wrote:If you get stuck, just mail me what you created so far and I'll take a look at it.

If i did want to send something for you to have a look at, where would i send it, and how much would i need to send? just the 2 files im having trouble with ( character_modify.php, class.characters.inc ) ? I had the space at the top of Character_Modify working fine, when i was just having it show the Class in the requested raid space,. It was when I changed that to TargetName it didnt know what TargetName was, and I realized i had to add those variables to the Character_Modify and characters.in pages. Thats when these errors started.

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:27

Zip up the whole thing and mail it to me. Could you also make a backup of your database (data and structure) with phpMyAdmin and mail me those as well?

Just mail it to the same address you send the forum application to.

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:27

By adding the EpicTargets table to the SELECT statement in class.character.inc, you now have 2 tables that have the field 'class' and the SELECT doesn't know which one to pick.

What you have to do, is tell the SELECT statement which class field you're talking about.

On line 362 in class.character.inc, change Class to Characters.Class and you're all set to go. Now the SELECT knows that you want to get the field from the Characters table.

Hope that clarifies it better then my first attempt :)

Jonkiley

Postby Jonkiley » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:16

Ahh, thank you very much.

Return to “EQRoster”