EQRaidRoster

Put your EQRoster related questions/feedback/requests in here...
Forum rules
All the forums on this site are meant for either general or game specific discussions/questions/feedback.
This is NOT the place for spam, flames or fighting, and posts that don't follow this simple rule will be removed by the board moderator(s).

Enjoy our games, utils, tools and these forums...
Tanliel

EQRaidRoster

Postby Tanliel » Mon Nov 13, 2006 13:09

Heh, wasn't sure what else to title this one.

I've got a use for a rostering system for an open raiding system, rather than a guild or closed system. EQRoster would fit the bill for a good number of things that we would like to know about those who raid in this system ... but there are some other things that we'd like to change.

We'd of course want to modify the ability to add people to the roster, not based on a guild dump, maybe a raid dump? and then pulling them from eqplayers/magelo/etc.

How difficult would it be to "lock" the checkboxes after submitting them? By that, I mean when someone is checking everything, they are able to check and uncheck items as much as they want, right up until they press Submit/Save. Anything that is "checked" then gets greyed out the next time they look at it. (Admins would of course be able to adjust things manually still.)

We'd love to see the ability to easily add additional tabs/pages for things like quests we're keeping track of or additional flag/keying that's not necessarily in the primary path. An example would be the tongue collection quest in GoD for the necklace, or BiC quest.

Just throwing some ideas out here, feel free to email or PM me for discussion if you'd like.

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:53

The raid roster (dump) provides you with GroupNr (useless), Name, Level, Class and Comment (useless).
This could be used to fill a roster.

The current EQPlayers import uses the GuildID if I remember correctly, so that would have to change, it should just look up the name.
This is probably doable to.

If I understand correctly, you want to disable the users ability to uncheck an item after it has been checked and saved once? This could probably be done, but I am interested in the reasoning behind it :)

You can already easily add tabs. It's just not documented anywhere :)
- You need to add a table for the overview you want.
- You need to create the overview (by copy and editing an existing one).
- You need to add it to the list in the footer.
- You need to add it to the Modify Character page, so it can be edited.
Maybe it's not that easy after all... but I can add them normally within a day :)

I've been thinking about adding BiC, but just all steps, no sub steps.
The tongue quest would be easy, as is the writings? quest.

It's also missing access quests right now... Like DS, ToB, etc.
The way it works, is that I'm kind of adding them when I encounter them.
I didn't know about the god tongue/writings stuff, until I we were in Tacvi killing Muran.

So it is all doable...

Tanliel

Postby Tanliel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:23

MadButch wrote:If I understand correctly, you want to disable the users ability to uncheck an item after it has been checked and saved once? This could probably be done, but I am interested in the reasoning behind it :)

The reason is so that someone cannot go in and change, oh, say their list of drops for a quest, ala the tongue or writings quests, in order to jump ahead of someone else who is closer to completion, then go back and say "Oh, I didn't have that piece after all," and change it back. Just cuts down on some worries for the loot officers/DKP officers for the raid when that stuff drops.

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:47

Adding new pages has definitely become easier with one of the later code rewrites. A big help is that all the database code is now in one spot, in the character class.

So it basically comes down to:
- Creating the new overview class (copy, paste, edit).
- Add the overview to the footer drop down box.
- Add the overview to the form.inc so that it will be automatically included in all necessary pages.
- Add the table to the database.
- Add the new fields to the character class.
- Add the new fields to the character modify form.

This still sounds like a lot of work, but where it used to take me a day (8 hours) to add an overview, I can now add one in 2 to 4 hours.

Return to “EQRoster”