HaCKeR 10 year Anniversary Edition (v2.0.0)

THE block stacking game
Forum rules
All the forums on this site are meant for either general or game specific discussions/questions/feedback.
This is NOT the place for spam, flames or fighting, and posts that don't follow this simple rule will be removed by the board moderator(s).

Enjoy our games, utils, tools and these forums...
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

HaCKeR 10 year Anniversary Edition (v2.0.0)

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:54

In light of its 10 year anniversary, HaCKeR v2.0.0 has been released today, and you can grab it at the downloads page.

The game now runs at a native resolution of 1024x768, which is more than 250% bigger than the old resolution of 640x480.

All graphics have been retouched, giving the game a much more polished look.
The outro screen has been replaced by popular demand, so no more crazy hammer guy (sorry fans).

It uses all new configuration and HiScore files, so you will lose your old ones unfortunately.
The good news is that the new configuration file (.cfg) is in plain text, and that you can now enter HiScore names of 20 positions (up from 10 in the old version).

On the bug fixing side of things: Network gaming should now be more stable than ever and speeding up blocks at higher game speeds now actually result in a speedup, instead of an instant drop.

Enjoy this new release,
The GamePlayHeaven team.

Image Image Image Image Image

cae13

Re: HaCKeR 10 year Anniversary Edition (v2.0.0)

Postby cae13 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 14:21

I had problems connecting to the game via Internet, and after examining a network protocol trace with Wireshark I came up with a new port number:
Obviously, with v2, the connection port has changed to 5015.

Please mention that in the documentation.

And many thanks for this GREAT game! I love it, and the network feature is outstanding. I am still winning most of the time against my family, but they are catching up... :D

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Re: HaCKeR 10 year Anniversary Edition (v2.0.0)

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:15

Thanks for letting me know, I totally forgot about that spot in the readme :oops:

And I'm glad you and your family enjoy the game so much.
If you ever stumble into any bugs, don't hesitate to contact me about them.

Regards,
Michaël

Return to “HaCKeR / HaCKaH”