HaCKeR v1.3.3

THE block stacking game
Forum rules
All the forums on this site are meant for either general or game specific discussions/questions/feedback.
This is NOT the place for spam, flames or fighting, and posts that don't follow this simple rule will be removed by the board moderator(s).

Enjoy our games, utils, tools and these forums...
GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:56

Nothing big... I just changed how the loading of levels works.
It will now work as follows:
- First the game tries to load the level of the disc.
- Next it will try to load the level from the HaCKeR.LVL resource file.
- And last, it will load the level out of the EXE itself (which should never fail).

In case your wondering why I'm working on HaCKeR:
I'm cleaning up the code and writing an SDL version. This version will be ported to Sony's PSP.

The main menu is already up and running on it :)

Jay

Postby Jay » Sun Sep 18, 2005 23:46

Why is it that your clone tetris version doesn't run on my version 2.0 upgraded PSP?

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:59

PSP's with v2.0 bios don't yet run homemade software.

Once someone figures out a way to do this, I'll release a v2.0 version as well.

Regards,
Michael

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Sep 27, 2005 23:13

PSP v2.0 FIRMWARE FINALLY CRACKED!!!

Check out pspupdate...

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:18

Yes, but it only allows for really small apps so far ;)
Won't be long now tho...

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:47

real good game hope still working on this game

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:03

I'm working on an update with some minor fixes right now. (for example, the block drop down action will no longer be automatically repeated if you hold the button down to long etc).

Of course there's a million other ideas in my head, and I hope they will see daylight someday as well. Right now I'm in the middle of switching jobs and relocating, so progress on anything is slow...

I'm glad you like it, and thanks for dropping by to let me know :)

Zababa

Postby Zababa » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:50

Hello, I have downloaded Hacker Tetris version 1.3.2. Where can I get 1.3.3?

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:27

My apologies for the late reply, I was away on holiday for a few weeks :)

The new version will be released before the end of the month.

Regards,
Michael

Zababa

Postby Zababa » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:51

Ok, I am looking forward to it.

Is there a mode in Hacker Tetris, where you can play without increasing falling speed?

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Mon Aug 21, 2006 22:42

I'm afraid not, the speed up is directly connected to the score.
Are you interested in the feature for practice reaons, or do you think it speeds up to quickly to fast?

Regards,
Michael

Zababa

Postby Zababa » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:58

Well, I downloaded Hacker Tetris because I was looking for a tetris version, where I would not be forced to quit because of incredible falling speed. In all tetris games I've been playing before the speed increases just too fast. In Hacker Tetris it is very pleasant for a long time, but at some point, it just is not controllable any more.

However, the most times I quit because playing wrong, building too high, waiting for certain stones to fall, avoiding making single or double rows, and then I realize that the stones I hoped to fall just aren't falling. Well, that's randomization, and my bad playing. :wink: But sometimes I really wish to have a tetris game mode with constant falling speed.

Another nice feature would be a possibility of dropping stones not fully but just partly - in case you want them slide under some other stones. Now in the hacher version now you just have to wait until the stone falls down the whole way by itself and the slide it in the last moment. That waiting is boring. But stone sliding on the ground is a pretty good technique. On Youtube is a sample video of some quy marvellously exploiting this.

Such a playing mode - like in the video above, where the stones are not falling, but are readily laying on the nearest ground waiting for the player to fix them in the desired position would be fun to play, too. :P It would be great to have a thes tetris on PC. This mode AFAIK is only available for Nintendo.

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Tue Aug 22, 2006 23:14

I've seen the whole video of that one before, and toyed around with the idea of building that Death Mode mode as well. I will put it back on my todo list, because it looks like fun to try :)

Off course, by now my game is in serious need of an update to make it look crispy again. Lack of a graphics artist keeps my progress down in that regard :(

That doesn't mean I can't still enhance it however, and the "drop down + move" move will be added to the game in the next version. I will probably make it an option, because that is the easiest way to implement it right now. And I just know that there will be some players that don't want a delay after dropping a block down.

I will also look into a mode with a constant falling speed. Not sure yet how or what, but I'll give it a shot. Probably not for this next release, but a future one (or quick hack for you alone for now).

I'm glad you're enjoying HaCKeR, and would like to thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Michael

GamePlayHeaven
Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:13

No new version yet, I'm working extra long hours and extra days at work to get a project finished. But keep checking in, it won't be long now.

Zababa

Postby Zababa » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:17

ok :wink:

Return to “HaCKeR / HaCKaH”