General chit chat....
Forum rules
All the forums on this site are meant for either general or game specific discussions/questions/feedback.
This is NOT the place for spam, flames or fighting, and posts that don't follow this simple rule will be removed by the board moderator(s).

Enjoy our games, utils, tools and these forums...

Postby b00st » Mon Oct 17, 2005 15:47

I noticed that you used SDL for hackah. I've been trying to set it up on my cygwin with no luck. I got SDL from the svn at but when I try to ./configure (following README.PSP) i get an error saying

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

looking at the config.log, i see a line:
configure:2623: psp-gcc conftest.c >&5
then there are a few 'undefined reference to' lines. Some of them are 'sceKernelCreateThread' and 'sceKernelStartThread'. It then goes on to show the actual conftest.c which is just something like:

int main () {
return 0;

Would it be because psp-gcc is looking for all that psp goodness we add to every program?
Did you run into this at all? Any help would be great.

Site Admin

Postby GamePlayHeaven » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:32

I had lots of trouble getting it to run, the setting up of the whole environment took like a couple a weekends.

There is a good guide out, I have the link at home (will see if I can post it when I get home later), which I followed in regards to what to select in the cygwin install.

You also have to make sure the path to your pspdev environment is setup correctly in the cygwin batch file.
In my case:

Code: Select all

set PATH=%PATH%;c:\cygwin\bin;c:\cygwin\usr\local\lib;C:\cygwin\usr\local\pspdev\bin
set PSPSDK=C:/cygwin/usr/local/pspdev

Other then that, all code has to be between the cplusplus loops.
Top of file:

// put your includes here
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {

End of file:

#ifdef __cplusplus

You also need to add the -lstdc++ flag to your makefile, to be able to compile C++ code. Here is my complete build file, in case you might spot something usefull:

TARGET          = HaCKaH
PSPSDK          = $(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
PSPBIN          = $(PSPSDK)/../bin

OBJS            = Log.o Input.o Audio.o \
              SDLLayer.o SDLImage.o ImgBlocks.o SDLBoxes.o SDLFont.o Graphics.o \
              FrameTimer.o Block.o BlockGenerator.o \
              GameData.o LevelData.o Level.o \
              EndScreen.o LoadScreen.o HiScores.o \
              InputBox.o MessageBox.o \
              MenuGame.o MenuMain.o Options.o \
              Game.o Main.o

CFLAGS          = -Wall -Wno-long-long -O2 -G0 $(shell $(PSPBIN)/sdl-config --cflags)
CXXFLAGS        = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS         = $(CFLAGS)

ALL_DEFS        = PSP

LIBS            = -lstdc++ -lSDLmain -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lFreeType -lpng -lz -ljpeg $(shell $(PSPBIN)/sdl-config --libs)

include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak

Hope this helps any...

Return to “Main”